Teacher training seminar
- The seminar is addressed to high school teachers who want to go into depth in some of the most significant historical issues regarding mass genocide and violence, such as the Holocaust or the Civil War and on how to transmit them to their students;
- In its second edition, the seminar will focus on sharing visions within a comparative perspective between Catalonia and Portugal;
- Experts from France, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain will deliver both theoretical presentations and experimental cases applied to the pedagogical world;
- The two-day teaching seminar will conclude with a guided tour on the Slavery Legacy in Barcelona, by Associació Conèixer Història.
Organized by EUROM – Fundació Solidaritat UB and Mémorial de la Shoah (París), Memoshoa (Portugal) and ICE (UB), with the support of the programme Europe for Citizens – European Commission.
Free activity with limited places. Online registration is mandatory.
The course will be delivered in Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese and French.
Simultaneous interpretation will be available
Hubert Strouk, Mémorial de la Shoah.
- How to deal with conspiracy theories in the classroom?
- Didactis of the Holocaust
Philippe Boukara, Mémorial de la Shoah.
- The roots of anti-Semitism in Europe.
Josep Calvet, Universitat de Lleida.
- Francoist Spain during Holocaust.
Irene Pimentel, Universidade de Lisboa
- Salazar’s Portugal in the Spanish civil war and Second World War.
Joël Kotek, Free University of Brussels.
- Comparing the Holocaust: genocide and mass atrocities
Rui Pereira, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (IHC-NOVA /FCSH)
- Was Portuguese colonialism a soft domination? History, Memory and Politics.
Javier Tébar, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Mass atrocities during the Spanish civil war and francoism.
Maria Feliu, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Didactics of the Spanish Civil War.
Aline Sierp, Maastricht University.
- Common legacy or competition of memories. Remembrance process in the European Union.