The European Observatory on Memories (EUROM) and Istituto Nazionale per la Storia del Movimento di Liberazione in Italia (INSMLI) have organized this seminar to focus on the heritage of the Second World War and the Resistance in Italy – transmission, art and heritage.
Under the title Museological discourse and Memory in Italy· Memorial Heritage Projects. 70 years after the liberation this seminar targets experts, students -predoc and postdoc-, professors, memory sites and museum professionals to address three different areas of study and work:
- The emerging role of memorial tourism as a factor for cultural and economic development
- Discourses and techniques of new memorial museums, memory sites and interpretive centers
- The transmission channels of the memory of war and the violent past
[Click on the imatge to see the complete album of this activity]
- May 27: At the Department of History of Universitá di Bologna the seminar will dive dive into the representation, mediation and transmission of war memories.
- May 26: The opening session will take place at Istituto Storico di Modena, where different heritage projects on the memory of WWII will be presented and discussed.
- May 28: After visiting the Camp of Fossoli and the Museo Monumento al Deportato, managed by Fondazione Ex Campo Fossoli, the seminar sessions move the Istituto Alcide Cervi in Gattatico.
- May 29: The last session will take place in Predappio, Mussolini’s birthplace, where a new museum on Italian history during fascism is being projected.