The consortium of the Royal Shipyards and Maritime Museum was created in 1993. It is a public local character formed by the City Council, which owns the building, the Barcelona Provincial Council who is the owner of the museum, and the Port Authority of Barcelona. It aims at the conservation and restoration of heritage property which houses the Royal Shipyards, as well as the provision of services related to the Museum. The historical precedent of this consortium is in the ‘Concordia’ which in 1378 signed the King Pedro IV, the Consell de Cent and the General Council. That agreement was intended to carry out effectively the building of the Royal Shipyards. It was the spirit of cooperation between institutions which allowed raising this civil jewel of Catalan Gothic.