- This international symposium is part of a series of activities on the 80th anniversary of the Spanish Republican Exile;
- Organized by the research project Dynamics of the exiles in Iberoamerica of the research center on America and the Caribe (CIALC) and the Chair on Exile of the Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), it aims to promote new approaches to the study of the topic from a multidisciplinary perspective, highlighting the plurality of experiences of the exiles and their contexts, as well as the diversity of displaced groups (children, workers, peasants, professionals, intellectuals, politicians and others), together with the variety of origins and destinies in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- The symposium will be held at the UNAM on June 12 to 14, 2019, and the call for papers is open until May 28, 2019.
- The construction of narratives about identity, memory, emotions, and gender
- Autobiographies, testimonies, and literature of the Spanish Republican in exile
- Politics, diplomacy, and refugees
- Magazines and publications: American editions of the Spanish Republican exile
- Encounters and divergences between exiles and host societies
- Arts, sciences, culture, and education in the exile
- The cultural heritage of the Spanish Republican exile
The maximum length of the papers is 10 pages in 12 point Times New Roman with line spacing of 1.5. Each speaker will have 20 minutes of exposure. The deadline for the submission of the papers is May 20, 2019. Submissions must be sent in text format (NOT PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Full name and professional affiliation
- Title and issue
- Abstract (max 500 words) and keywords
- Brief cv (max 100 words)
Dr. Adalberto Santana, Dra. Mari Carmen Serra Puche, Dr. Sergio Guerra Vilaboy, Dr. Mario Oliva Medina, Dr. José Francisco Mejía Flores, Dr. Lancelot Cowie, Dr. Agustín Sánchez Andrés, Dr. Jordi Guixe Corominas, Mtro. David González Vázquez y Mtra. Guiomar Acevedo López.
The symposium is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Federico Álvarez Arregui, Spanish Republican exiled, and professor of the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters – UNAM.
For any additional information, as well as for registration, please contact email@example.com